Here are the Updated Customer Interaction Stats and Strategies from Myers Barnes in IBS* 2016 Sales Center:
- 75% of prospects start researching one full year before they walk into a sales model.
- Per Google, 2 out of 3 prospects do not just check out your main website but also use Facebook to gather info about onsite salespeople. Prospects value relationships–want to see if they can trust the company and the on-site people.
- 30% of prospects don’t go to Google, they go straight to Zillow or another trusted website. Spend money on Zillow or a large number of prospects will never know about you.
- Focus on an immediate response to model visits, online contacts or phone calls. 5 minutes may seem okay but it’s too long. Even 20 seconds may be long. Do you wait 20 seconds for Google to answer a question?
- Buyers come into model homes not to buy homes but for information about purchase process, house, company and the on-site people. Many are looking for service, help, and support. Serve deeply. Don’t sell. The person who is most responsive is helpful and memorable.
- It takes on average 5-12 contact attempts to convert the buyer—they taken an average of 10 weeks after their research period to make a buying decision. Will visit sales models in the last 5 weeks.
*The NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS) is the largest annual light construction show in the world.